For those of us who are working full time and cannot leave our job or have kids to take care of, online courses and degree programs have come as a blessing. Looking at their popularity in the recent years and the convenience offered by them, these courses have shown a steady increase I the number of participants. If you are also looking forward to enrol in one of these online courses, here is a list of best online colleges that may come handy:
1. Pace University: It’s a private university that has been conducting online courses for some time now with a total of 196 enrolments. All of its schools listed below…
- Dyson College of Arts & Sciences
- Lubin School of Business
- College of Health Professions
- School of Education
- Seidenberg School of Computer Science & Information Systems
…provide online courses. The university, which has a rolling deadline, offers all classroom sessions in a recorded format which can be accessed anytime. The university boasts of a student faculty ratio of 16:1 and have eight full time and ten part time faculties who teach courses available online with an average teaching experience of 10 years. Though the university does not provide 24/7 tech support nevertheless, students can get a response to their queries within 24 hours. Students have to pay a tuition fee of USD 542 per credit here.
2. University of Florida: A public institution, it has been offering online programs since 2002. The institute offers online certificates and bachelors, masters, and doctoral degree programs, in addition to specialist programs. The total enrolments stand at close to 555 for online courses and has a student faculty ratio of 46:1 has an application deadline of 1st July. The courseware is available 24/7 and the number of full time online faculties is 23 with an average teaching experience of 7 years. However, you students cannot earn a degree completely online. The most popular online course is Business Administration and Management, General.
3. Penn State University: The USP of the Penn State University World Campus is that it its online courses are at par with the traditional, campus-based classes in terms of academic instructions. Another feather in its cap is that it provides a combination of high research and instructional quality of faculty, outstanding student satisfaction indicators, and enjoys a world-class reputation. According to the SmartMoney Magazine, it has been ranked number 12 in its list of “Colleges That Help Grads Get Top Salaries”.
4. Auburn University: One of the top selling points of the online courses of this university is that it has consistently maintained a low dropout rate. Average age of students when they enrol for the course here is 30 and total enrolments stand at close to 270. The tuition fee is USD 654 per credit while the application deadline is March 1.
5. Boston University: The University has a high completion rates and has received the 2010 Silver Best Practices Award for Distance Learning programming from the United States Distance Learning Association, and also the 2010 Sloan-C Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education. It mostly provides graduate degree programs in addition to the undergraduate degree programs and certificate programs.
6. George Washington University: the fact that the university has been ranked among the top 35 graduate schools of education across US since 1997 gives it a lot of credibility. It is a private institution and has been offering online bachelor’s degree programs since 2003. One needs to keep in mind that the university has a deadline of 15thJuly for all online courses. One of the best things about the university is its student to faculty ratio which is amongst the lowest. It stands at 4:1 with 9 full time faculties and 25 part-time faculties. Some of the most popular courses at this university are:
- Health Information/Medical Records Administration/Administrator
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Medical/Health Management and Clinical Assistant/Specialist
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist
7. Drexel University Online: Starting with ratings, the university was awarded 2010 Sloan Consortium Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education. U.S. News and World Report ranked it among the top 100 colleges and universities and ranked it amongst the “Best Online Graduate Programs” for engineering, business administration, and library science by U.S. News & World Report. The online courses are at par with the traditional courses that have been on offer since 1891.the university’s partnerships with employers provides academic credits for work-related educational experiences as well as special study grants to students.
8. Arizona State University Online: ASU Online offers undergraduate programs in the fields such as health science, communication, political science, family and human development, criminal justice, sociology, technological and entrepreneur management, technical communication, amongst many others. Some programs of the university that deserve a m attention are the Criminal Justice master’s degree program and a Graduate Certificate in Sustainability. Another feature of the college is that it offers a number of different scholarship options.
9. Colorado State University: The U.S. News & World Report ranked the university at 62nd position in its “Top Public Schools” list. The Global Campus has several online courses specially designed for professionals in the fields of management, technology, business, and education. All of these enjoy the same backing as do the traditional courses run by the Colorado State University System. The school provides online graduate degrees, undergraduate degrees, and individual courses with 24/7 technical support and tutoring in addition to an online library.
10. U Mass Online: UMass Online, the online school of Univ of Massachusetts has been online since 1995. The online students learn from the same world-class instructors as students who teach on-campus courses. Students can access library facilities, academic advising, and other services provided online. Moreover, instructors participate in online discussions, answer questions on email, and schedule regular chat sessions with students throughout the semester. One prerequisite for students enrolling for online courses is that they should hold a bachelor’s degree. Furthermore, In addition, financial aid is available to those who qualify.